Stackoverflow Watcher is a library and command line tool written in Python that notifies you of relevant questions when they’re posted on Stack Overflow. It’s very simple to customise. For example, you could customise the questions so that they are only considered relevant if have any of the following criteria:
- Questions tagged with python
- Questions asked less than an hour ago with no answers
- Questions where the user’s score is above 100
- Questions that have been viewed over 100 times
- Questions with the word “monkey” in the title
Creating relevant filters such as these is accomplished by creating a custom class that inherits from stack_watcher.Question. You can see how to do this in the subclassing section.